Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Update on 'the foot'

Sorry it took me so long to update this. I did got see my uncle Larry last Thursday. He actually did a better job of examing my foot than the Podiatrist. Everyone, if you need to see a Podiatrist, DO NOT see Dr. Call!!! Anyway, So, my foot still does hurt. In fact I started noticing it hurting last Wednesday, which only means the cortisone shot was wearing off?! I don't know. However, the pain is no where near what it used to be.

Dr. Andrew did an ultrasound and found no blood clot, which is great news. He doesn't know exactly what is causing the numbing and tingling, except that it probably is a pinched nerve. He suggested that I get an ankle brace to help support my foot and help it heal faster. He did give me a shot (not cortisone) in my foot and wrapped it. Because of the examination, my foot hurt more when I left than when I got there.

As of today, I don't have any more numbing or tingling effects. Every now and then, It will be a little tingly/ numbing around my ankle and lower calf, but it doesn't spread farther than that and it doesn't last for a long time. I can walk on my foot with no problem. It definitely feels better with arch supports and the ankle/foot brace. After a while, my foot will throb and hurt if I am on it for too long. At which time, I just need to ice it and put it up. Luckily I am not on 'bed rest' anymore because that really started killing me!

I have made best friends with crocs. They are the best shoe for lounging around in the house, since I can no longer go barefoot and can't stand wearing my tennis shoes all day!

So, supposedly everything is good and ok I just need to not over do it (ya right!!)

2 comments:

Lyndsie said...

That is good news!!!

Petie said...

Glad it is getting better. Hope the healing speeds up for you. :)