Monday, September 8, 2008

Death....

My Grandpa Gabbitas died this morning. He fell in the bathroom and took the towel rod with him. By the time my uncle Dave was able to break the door down to get to him, he was dead. From what I understand, Dave did CPR on him, with no luck. When the ambulance arrived, they also tried to resuscitate him, and succeeded. He was taken to American Fork Hospital and kept on life support. He was unresponsive. He died around 9:00 am this morning. I got the call at 8:25, hoping to see him before he passed on, to tell him goodbye, but even if I had rushed to the hospital, I still wouldn't have seen him alive. I cried a lot and when I saw him at the hospital, I knew he was gone. It was just his lifeless body on the bed. Wayne said that he looked so happy and peaceful, the most he has seen him happy in years, and he is dead. I am sad to see him go and regret not seeing him sooner. Now I will never see him in this life again. But, I am happy that he is now happy and with my dad again, of which he hasn't seen for 22 years. I am positive that he is having the best reunion and is in a better place. I am grateful for the time I had with my Grandpa, but will sorely miss him.

I love you Grandpa! I will miss you, but I am happy for you because you no longer have any more pain! Say Hi to my Daddy for me...

4 comments:

Matt & Darla said...

Sheree! I'm so sorry about your loss! Isn't it great to have the Gospel in our lives? I really don't know how people get through losing a loved one without the knowledge that they'll be able to see them again in the next life..........Hang in there! If you need anything, call me! Love ya, girl!

Lyndsie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyndsie said...

Sheree~ I am sorry about your grandpa. But you are right he is with your dad right now having a great time. Just think of that and I bet it will put a smile on your face!!

I am thinking of you!!!

Love you!!!

Michelle said...

Sheree,
I was just thinking about you last night and decided to see if you had a blog. I found you! Unfortunately I found you with extremely sad news. I am SO sorry to hear about your grandfather. No words will ease your pain...only time will bring you peace and comfort. During this time you will be able to reflect and rejoice in the memories and legacy that your grandfather has left you with. Those experiences will mean more and more to you as time passes, and even though it hurts now Heavenly Father WILL be there for you. Lean on Him and those who love you. I still miss my grandpa everyday, but I know I will see him again and when that day comes it will be met with joy. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I love you and look forward to doing some back reading on you and your family. :)
All my love,
Michelle
xoxo