Saturday, March 28, 2009

New addition to our family


We have a new addition in our family. We got a Chihuahua from a good friend of ours who had to give her a new home due to some changes in their apartments. They were really sad to lose her, but felt better knowing that she would be in a good home.

Cricket is 1 1/2 years old and fully grown and weighs 4 lbs. She is so cute and so sweet! She really has filled a void in our home since our dog Gigi was killed last December. She definitely has a different personality than Gigi, which is a good thing. Cricket is a lot calmer, but just as playful. She can play fetch for hours! She is so much fun! I already love her and am so excited to have her in our family.

She can also sit and lay down on command. We are working with her to 'come' to us, but that will take a little time since she is new to us. She is a very good dog. She is also paper trained ya!!!

We took her outside to play today, and she was a little hesitant because she is an inside dog. She didn't run away like Gigi would have, but she did explore. I was very nervous when my mom took her out without a leash because I don't know if she will run off and because of my experience with Gigi, I just was afraid. She did good, but I am not ready for that. We walked her down to the park with a leash, and she didn't really want to go. It took her running after a bowl of food in Wayne's hand to get her going. It was pretty funny. It's probably because she is in a new home and different surroundings.

We are very excited for Cricket to be in our home and look forward to getting to know her better.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a sweet little dog! My sister has a little chihuahua, and loves him!

The Miner's said...

So cute!!! I want a puppy so bad!!! I was thinking about getting one but I can't till we get a house and my friends neighbor has yorkie's for sale in about 2 weeks for cheap!!!