Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Physical Therapy

I had my first session of Physical Therapy this morning. Unfortunately my foot is going to hurt worse before it gets better. My Dr poked and prodded first, which my foot as already hurting after that. Then as a warm up, I rode the bike for 8 minutes, then did easy leg presses to get the rotation of my ankle. That burned so bad! He asked me after the exercise how it felt and I told him that it felt like my foot was on fire. He said that is a sign of inflammation. So, we stopped there. Then an ultrasound was done, then I got hooked up to electrodes with ice for about 15 minutes or more, then was released. I get to go back on Friday. I have to go in three times a week for a while until it is better. It sucks because this is going to cost me a lot of money... Oh well, the price you pay for health!

3 comments:

Audra said...

No PAIN
NO GAIN!

Sorry about the money. Getting well costs too much. I feel your pain, in the pocketbook.

Get better soon!

Bryan Schmidt said...

That stinks :( But stick with the therapy, you'll get better soon :)

Sheree said...

It's not going to be as expensive as I thought it would be. My insurance is better than I thought!